1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

As it works out, Dodgers play at home Sunday and Monday while A's play at home Friday, Saturday and Thursday (if necessary). Games 4 & 5 are always questionable so as usual, "check your local listings."

To your point (and mine), the teams presently in play make prime time scheduling a tougher decision. Dodgers and Rangers are the two biggest markets, but Red Sox national following could wiggle in there, especially if Tito's Indians win the wild card.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's why I think they'll mix 'em up. Too many competing claims for an audience.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

One-game playoffs are fun. Some sports fans just hate fun as a default position.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I didn't say he used PEDs. I simply pointed out the stats and the patterns. And I don't need evidence to support something I didn't say.

In any event, everyone can see the support for my post. I didn't present any personal theories about how people do or don't get better. If someone wants to believe that a hitter can be worse than the average Triple A hitter for 8 years then suddenly become very good, then that's fine.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Agree. It's very charming.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Your solution is what?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Also in 1951. Some guy hit a famous homer in Game No. 165, or so I'm told.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They played a 154-game season and a best-of-11 playoff? Now that's excessive.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I didn't even think of the Francona factor. That makes the Red Sox almost certainly in prime time every game unless they're playing the Rays (and even then probably).

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Astros finished the season on a 15-game losing streak, the worst finish since the 1899 Cleveland Spiders lost their last 16 to end up 20-134.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd like to thank the Tigers and the Reds for closing the season like assholes and finishing one win short of hitting the over for their season totals.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good luck to the board's Braves fans.

May the best team move on.

Draft saved Draft deleted