1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

But, you're facing one of the favorites to win the World Series. Let's hope the Blue Jays get off to a good start against the Indians.

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

You and me both, Huggy. I don't remember the last time I was this excited for a regular season. Probably 1993.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

NYTimes A1 on A-Rod:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/sports/baseball/yankees-hitched-to-alex-rodriguez-an-aging-star-anatomy-of-a-deal-and-doubts.html?_r=0&pagewanted=all

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

New York Times discovers what everyone who follows baseball has known since at least 2010 and most earlier.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

SF Giants dynasty continues; in 2009 I could not even dream about writing that ever.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Nice little poster by the Free-Press.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As long as we are posting newspaper stuff, here's everything you want to know about the Nationals. Well, most everything. We're holding SOME stuff back for tomorrow

http://bit.ly/104IvxR

In all seriousness, curious to see how they do as a team people expect to win.

The cover of said section, designed by a certain someone who hangs out here now and then:

[​IMG]

8. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Should have specified that the high of 67 is for the Indians home opener on April 8 against the Yankees, who could very well crash and burn ... and burn and burn ... this season. I think the Cleveland forecast for Tuesday calls for snow.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Since I cover mostly high school ball, I can live with the DH, albeit grudgingly.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'd ask how they can continue to succeed without Michael Morse, but I guess they finally realized he doesn't walk enough.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm really intrigued by Washington this year. I think they can put up a really, really gaudy win total.

NY and Philadelphia are bad, even if they don't want to admit it. Miami is truly, impressively awful. Atlanta? I just can't make up my mind about them. Sometimes I think they are underrated and have some breakout candidates, but other times I think they have some missing depth at key positions and could fall apart.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If they adopt the DH for both leagues -- which they should -- then just get rid if the leagues and go to dice or six divisions based in geography and rivalries.

Draft saved Draft deleted