1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 MLB Regular Season running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Tomorrow the season starts with Houston vs Texas.

Should be a great season. Just not looking forward to Manky whacking off to Jeter all season.

Here's to another great season.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I just hope my beloved Kansas City TurdBirds can actually have something that resembles a decent season.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What's the snow forecast this week? Think I saw there still is some on the way in the Northeast.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'll wait and see, but I'm not sure constant interleague play is a good thing. I've even heard this might even push the NL into adopting the DH.

5. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

The Indians brass managed to sell their cable network for more than $200 million, then actually turned around and poured some of that back into the team. Also, we have a manager with two World Series rings for guys eye every now and then. Also, the forecast for opening day calls for sun and a high of 67.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I don't care one way or another about the DH, but I think both leagues should be one or the other together.

7. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

NL adopts the DH, Quiet Man stops watching.

Christ, the idea has me typing in snippy prose and referring to myself in the third person.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Maybe both leagues use the DH in even years and let the pitchers hit in odd years?

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I know it's gonna be kind of odd for me to see my Angels opening against the ... Reds!?!

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Everyone plays by the rules of the league that wins the All-Star Game?

You could even change the rules midseason! It's Selig-tastic!

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This Jays fanboi looser (est. 1977) is pretty fucking excited to get this shit going, I can say that.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Astros in the AL doesn't seem right.

Draft saved Draft deleted