1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 MLB Perfect Game Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 2, 2013.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Agreed with buckweaver on rooting for history, especially in the regular season.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You were there, I was watching from the Coolidge Hotel in White River Junction, Vermont.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've never seen a major-league no-hitter in person, but I was in the house when Matt Harrison took a no-no into the seventh inning AND Adrian Beltre hit for the cycle. That game was FUN.

Also turned out to be the high point before the Rangers' September collapse.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Exactly how I felt, I was thinking 100+ years of baseball and only 18 (at that time), "I want to see History!"

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If Gallaragga threw a perfect game then Santana did not throw a no-hitter.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Arroyo perfect through 5

7. Boom_70

Over in the 6th

8. Boom_70

Matt Harvey. Through 7-

9. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

over with two outs in the 7th. An infield single to deep short by Alex Rios breaks up the potential perfect game/ no-hitter.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

no, with 2 out in the 7th some shnook laid down a bunt and beat the throw by an eyeblink. awful way to lose no-no. with 2 down it's a b.s. play, says me.leading of the inning, fine; two out? BOO!

harvey k'd the next batter (his 10th) to end the inning.

OH, WAIT, IT WAS AN INFIELD HIT? ANNPUNCERS TALKED ABOUT IT BEING BUNT. SORRY

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Jeez Harvey goes 9, 1 h, 12 ks, no walks. Wow.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yeah, that was a clean single into the 5.5 hole, shockey. Rios beat it out fair and square, though Tejada made a hell of a valiant effort to throw him out.

Draft saved Draft deleted