1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 IIHF World Junior Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Anyone with an opine on how long it will be before Subban plays in Boston? Assuming, of course, Jacobs allows the NHL to play again. ;D

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If I am an NHL GM with a high draft pick watching this tournament there is absolutely no way I take Nathan McKinnon or Seth Jones ahead of Jonathan Drouin. This kid is dynamite.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Enjoying listening to JR curse and yell at the TV in the other room while watching this game which he videotaped earlier to save from when he got home from work at noon. I'm under pain of death should I reveal the results but damn, it's tempting .... :D

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just finished watching. This Canadian team doesn't rattle. And you're right about Drouin. The kid has moves and then some.

Even when it was 3-1 in the third, I kept thinking, "When these two teams play, perhaps a ten goal lead is safe Other than that, all bets are off. "

Subban was terrific again.

5. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

So glad I got up early to watch the semi-final between Team USA and Team Canada as Team USA kicked Canada's ass 5-1..

Team USA moves on to the gold medal game vs. the winner of Russia/Sweden.

U-S-A U-S-A! U-S-A U-S-A! U-S-A U-S-A!

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Terrific effort by the Yanks, Canada was outclassed at both ends of the rink from the opening whistle.

7. Canadians will have to be content with winning the Spengler Cup.

8. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Bittersweet feelings....like Larry Wildman going over a cliff. In my new Maserati.

Oh, screw that. Way to go Gibby and the rest of the USA boys. Glad to see Johnny Gaudreau get on-track after a slow start this tournament. One of the most purely skilled young players I've ever watched.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The FB and Twitterverse vitriol directed to Subban is ludicrous. That was a pitiful performance by the guys in front of him, little he could do to salvage it. It's been a while since I saw a Canuckistani team come out and totally shit the bed - not melt down in the third like we have seen the last few years - but stink and seem totally disinterested for an entire 60 minutes. USA was all over them from the opening bell. Should be a terrific final.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

DVR'd it but doubt I'll watch it

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Don't waste your time. It was terrible.

12. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

On TSN again now...3-0 midway through 2nd

Draft saved Draft deleted