1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 IIHF World Junior Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

As long as they flush....

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Canada smacks Germany 9-3 and Russia scores with 15 seconds in OT beat the Slovaks who scored with 31 seconds left in regular to tie it.

Best part is Canada gets 3 points for their win but Russia only gets two points for their OT win.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Looks like Germany will be going home with a red backside.

Really looking forward to U.S.A.-Russia.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Canada and the USA tomorrow morning at 4:00 a.m.. Much as I love my junior hockey, I ain't getting up in the middle of the night.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

You can't get up in the middle of the afternoon. (And yes I will DVR it, skip through the commercials and intermissions and be done in less than two hours. Go Canada!)

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I can't get up in the middle of the morning but I got it all set up on my DVR

Got my alarm set and when HC is at her Sunday morning job, I'll be all over it.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Canada beats USA 2-1 mainly because of Malcolm Subban's goaltending plus a bunch of stupid, selfish penalties by the Americans to negate a momentum shift in the third when the Yanks cut the lead in half.

It could easily have been 5 or 6-1 except for John Gibson's brilliant goaltending. Seth Jones was barely visible except when he was coughin up the puck.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

So was Alexander Galchenyuk who is the Yanks' top sniper. I have seen this guy play and he is dynamite, but he was MIA today. Gibson was tremendous and Subban turned in the kind of performance I am used to seeing from him in the OHL.

9. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Grant it, most Americans were MIA except for Gibson.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Aside from Galchenyuk they really seem to be missing that stud sniper and solid D we have seen from them in recent years.

Boone Jenner back tomorrow against the Godless Comminists.

11. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Canada off to a great start. Already up 2-0 against the Russians.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wild first, 2-1 Canuckistanis. This one ain't over by a longshot.

Draft saved Draft deleted