1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 College Football coaching carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I would like Alabama to go after an NFL coach when Nick Saban retires. I like Ken Whisenhunt.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you give someone everything they ask for it makes it harder for them to leave.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

How about Carolina, where he'd have a chance to work his Chucky-QB-camp magic on Cam Newton?

Going back to that why-Cowher/Gruden-aren't-in-as-much-demand-as-you-might-think idea from earlier in the thread, the Panthers might be desperate enough to give a big-name coach absolute power, especially now that they've fired their GM and have a personnel opening as well. Actually, Cowher might be a better personality/philosophical fit with Richardson in that role. I could see that happening after this season ends at 2-14 or so.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

To be fair, Saban has given Alabama everything it asked for as well. The Crimson Tide:

1. is favored to win every game it plays

2. contends for the SEC and national championship every year

3. is in the running for every top recruit it wants

4. has broken the spirit of its in-state rival to the point that it's probably going to fire its coach two years after winning a national championship

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That doesn't strike me as insane. That strikes me as a guy who doesn't really want the job but wants people to think he does.

7. Mizzougrad96

Cowher would be a great fit in Carolina. I was a little surprised he wasn't in the mix when Rivera got it, but that might have been right around the time Cowher's wife was dying... Not sure...

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

ESPN is keeping Jon Gruden very happy.

9. Mizzougrad96

I thought Bama was insane to give him the contract he got when he went there, but he's been worth every cent...

10. Mizzougrad96

That's very possible. I think they all need to make sure other teams seem interested either for their own egos or to make ESPN or whatever TV network they're working for, to keep giving them raises...

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

He's the biggest bargain in sports.

12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Dan Mullen is fool's gold. Dude went 2-6 in the SEC last year- same as Joker Philips!- and all the Lesser Bulldogs have done this season is win against a laughable schedule. If they lose out, it wouldn't surprise me.

Draft saved Draft deleted