1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 College Football Coaching Carousel thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know it's early, but this is shaping up to be a really fun off-season...

Texas
    USC
    Nebraska

That's three of the biggest programs out there and I feel pretty confident at least two of them will be looking for a new coach.

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Grambling was the first to fire their coach, canning Doug Williams about a week ago. Just getting that out there. Might be the last time you read "Grambling" and "first" in the same sentence for a while ...

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Randy Edsall could be shown the door if Murruhhlind doesn't show some improvement this year and make a bowl.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

UConn could be in the hunt also

5. BrianGriffin

Hey, Randy Edsall to UConn, right?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

LSU Freek nails it again.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Grambling will have to already give up that title. N.C. Central fired its coach two days before the season started.

8. BrianGriffin

Grambling...first in Division I, but not first among HBCUs...

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

FH just gave everyone in the room high fives, and doesn't know why.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Central is DI now. In the MEAC.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Nah, the way they're playing right now he seems pretty safe. Granted, so far they've played an OOC that the SEC would label soft, and this weekend they at least play a legit team in WVU.

But after having about as horrible a first year, from the day he was hired through the end of the first season, as anyone could even try to have, shit has turned around. New coordinators were a big start, and Edsall isn't making any PR gaffes. Plus, the region's best players are just as often committing to Maryland as they are to Alabama or Ohio State or what have you.

Maryland is easily making a bowl game this year. I won't call them ACC title contenders yet, but if Clemson is ever going to pull a Clempsun this year, it might happen in College Park at the end of October. There's a smidgen of optimism with this squad now.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So, Nick Saban's agent apparently met with a Texas regent in January:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/09/texas_regent_talked_to_nick_sa.html

Draft saved Draft deleted