1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 College Baseball- Road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, May 23, 2013.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Holy shit, would love to see the scoring on that. Don't think I've ever seen a strike 'em out-throw 'em out triple play.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And in Manhattan, Shockers are down 3-1 with one out in the bottom of the eighth and a runner on first. 1-2 count, runner goes on first move and gets picked off. Hitter strikes out on the next pitch.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Amazingly, it wasn't that complex since the third baseman just ran the guy back to second and there was only one other throw. I think went K-(2-5/CS - for the trail runner)-(5-2/CS - for the lead runner).
    Here's the play:

Upon watching it again, it was even worse than I thought. The lead runner got caught off second following the strikeout, then didn't know what to do when the other guy showed up at second. That's little league quality baserunning right there. The only saving grace for him is that they were down four runs and not one.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

If the SEC was going to get nine bids (very questionable), then No. 9 should have been Auburn, not Florida.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Florida State beat Troy 11-0 at Doak Campbell Stadium.

I've no idea what FSU's home and road records are, but it's been my impression they suck away from Tallahassee this year. No more than the ACC tournament, for sure.

If only they could figure out how to play in the CWS without going to Omaha.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Doak Campbell?

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Ha!

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Oh man. My brain on football already.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Can't think of too many times I've seen a catcher get two putouts on a play.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Columbia comes back from 5-0 deficit and beats New Mexico in 13. Fullerton-Arizona State first pitch at 9:45 p.m. PDT.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think the Ivy championship series was in early May. Before the regional Columbia had played one game in the last 3-4 weeks.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Love watching Garza pitch for Fullerton.

Draft saved Draft deleted