1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013 College Baseball- Road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, May 23, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This NC State-UNC game is the tits.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was going to say they could both wind up in Manhattan too but KState may have played itself out of a host spot by losing to OU today.

And Nebraska is making a lot of bubble teams nervous right now.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

K-State's pretty safe from what I've read on the various national sites.

Sounds like Virginia Tech and South Carolina are in the best position for the last two hosts spots. Arkanpig and Clemson out.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Is Carolina-State still going?

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I can report indeed that it is. Carolina scored in the top of the 18th. And State fucking has a runner at third with one out in the bottom half. Not that I'm bitter or anything ...

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Finally found it on my Dish lineup.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Irish clearly rattled over the Everett Golson news. UConn jumping on Notre Dame, up 4-0 and batting with one out in the bottom of the third.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

C. Ark. won the Southland last year and made it to the NCAAs. Saw them three games in March when they played at So. Miss, and they're legit. They've got three good pitchers and the centerfielder is expected to be an early-round pick in the MLB draft.

Also, there is no universe where the ACC is stronger than the SEC. When an ACC team brings home some hardware from Omaha, then maybe you can say that.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Central Arkansas also won an early-season series at Mississippi State, which is pretty damn impressive considering how good they've turned out to be.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Rice won the Conference USA title by walking off Southern Miss in the 11th inning, so at least one bubble team can breathe a little easier.

Rice also has one of the more underrated -- and impressive -- streaks in college sports. It's won (or tied for) either its conference regular-season or tournament championship every season since 1996. The streak has spanned three leagues (Southwest Conference, WAC and C-USA).

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

UNC No. 1, with UVa and FSU also national seeds. NCSU de facto No. 9.

8/12 ACC teams in, five as hosts.

9/14 SEC teams, with Florida an undeserving surprise with a record that is one game over .500. No. 2 SOS made the difference it seems.

Draft saved Draft deleted