1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013-2014 NCAA Football Bowl-A-Rama: The End of the BCS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 1, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He gone.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/11/4952970/missouri-receiver-dorian-green.html

Supplemental draft might be his best option, but would he be eligible?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Not until 2015.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Right. He's a true junior, so he'd have to take the Tamarick Vanover route and go to Canada for a year.

More likely, he winds up at SEMO or Missouri State or somewhere like that.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Missouri State is a good bet, he can hang at home with the peeps who have put him in such a good light so far.

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Now you beat me to it, LTL ...

Best thing for him is to find a pass-happy I-AA school about 1,000 miles away and he can play his third season and put up monster numbers, then bolt for the NFL.

Seems to be a lot of unsavory "wrong crowd" buddies for him to fall back in with if he goes home and plays at Missouri State.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Yep. He needs to get far, far away from Springfield for a year and get his head on straight. From all reports, he's a good kid, just not terribly mature. Maybe a year with a less-bright spotlight will help him.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Springfield isn't the first city I think of when I hear the words "wrong crowd".

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Likely transferring to EI-EI-U (Eastern Illinois) according to 247 Sports:

http://247sports.com/Article/Dorial-Green-Beckham-could-be-heading-to-Eastern-Illinois-28389343

Draft saved Draft deleted