1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013-2014 NCAA Football Bowl-A-Rama: The End of the BCS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 1, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No surprise, huh?

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

West Monroe (La.) OT Cameron Robinson, rated the No. 1 player in the country by 247 Sports, posted this on his Instagram after Nick Saban's in-home visit:

[​IMG]

(Yeah, Saban looks short — and he is — but keep in mind that Robinson is 6-5, 330).

http://instagram.com/p/hejyNdoMCm/#

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I thought there was a rule you had to win your conference to get into the title game (after that Nebraska fiasco)?

4. Steak Snabler

No. Alabama didn't win the SEC in 2011. They didn't even win their division.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Stupid.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figure next year the playoff committee won't even have a weekly running BCS kind of ranking. They'll just look at the conference champs and a few at-larges at the end. Pretty simple. Without a poll they have to be anchored to, they will be able to pick the the three or four best conference champs and/or an at-large and not have go against the "you can't drop a team that wins/rank a one-loss team over an undefeated team" nonsense. Could make a big difference.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think the exact opposite. My guess is that the general takeaway from the first four-team playoff will be "we need an eight-team playoff." Imagine if an undefeated AQB conference team gets left out. The entire conference would go nuts. That's a lot of enemies in a pool of 60-70 schools.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

By AQ conference, you mean the big five? I don't see any way an unbeaten from one of those gets left out. They are always in the top four at least. The only way that changes is if the committee cedes power to the Rivals SEC message boards.

9. JackReacher

QB class in the upcoming NFL Draft is thinning out a bit. Murray and Mettenberger out with torn ACLs. Mariota coming back to Oregon.

10. Steak Snabler

With Murray and Mettenberger both hurt, is AJ McCarron now a Top 5 SEC quarterback?

11. JackReacher

He was before this. But his draft stock just got better. He might be a second-round pick now.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I can hear the ad campaign now:

"Little Debbie's Oatmeal Creme Pies. The snack of choice for Alabama Crimson Tide linemen who are too slow to chase down opponents returning errant field goal attempts."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted