1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013-2014 NCAA Football Bowl-A-Rama: The End of the BCS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't want that to happen. It's what I fear will happen because voters are going to look at a one-loss Alabama team and vote them over the SEC Champs.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think that the voters, even if they do that, which I don't think they would, will be able to overcome the computers in this case.

3. Mizzougrad96

If Ohio State, or God forbid, FSU loses, the other slot should go to the SEC Champ.

If Auburn wins, that will happen. If Missouri wins, voters are going to be sitting there thinking, "Who do I think would win head-to-head?" and quite a few will vote for Bama.

4. Mizzougrad96

I would feel a lot better about it if Mizzou was ranked higher than Bama.

5. Dick Whitman

Has someone run the numbers assuming a Missouri win this week? Surely they have.

6. Dick Whitman

The Harris Poll has Alabama barely ahead of Missouri this week.

There is absolutely no way Alabama plays for the national title this year, assuming Florida State and Ohio State don't both lose. None.

7. Dick Whitman

I'm pretty displeased that the title game is going to be ACC-Big Ten, most likely. I wanted to see someone end the SEC's run on the field.

8. Mizzougrad96

I'm not sure how much the voters still factor in, I think it's less than it used to be, but I'm not sure.

I worry that it gets simplified to this. Missouri's only loss was to South Carolina at home, Alabama's only loss was to Auburn on the road.

Then people start overthinking and start saying, "Well, Bama lost on a fluke..."

9. Mizzougrad96

I hope you're right.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If FSU loses, OSU wins, and Mizzou wins, would FSU drop out of the top 2 in the BCS? I suppose the voters would drop them far enough for them to fall out of the top 2 in the BCS, but it could be close, no?

11. Mizzougrad96

Based on strength of schedule, I would think they would fall past all of the 1-loss SEC teams.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Probably so. I'd be interested to see how close it'd be, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted