1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013-14 NBA Thread part 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Okay Dick, read this and tell me where in this preview is the Case for the Team

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20131024/celtics-nba-season-preview/

Seems to me like the whole thing is the scout take, there are 30 of them

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I actually do like that. It's way longer than the magazine excerpts from the scout interviews. I love scout talk, though. So refreshing compared to coach speak.

3. Bodie_Broadus

But I was completely wrong, that's the narrative here. You need to keep up bashing me for posting something that has been done over and over and over.

I'm telling you guys they used to do one paragraph, they were never that long before. I have every SI NBA preview since like 1996 and it's never been done like this.

4. Dick Whitman

Lighten up, Joan of Arc.

5. Bodie_Broadus

When you admit you were wrong about the scouts take, I will.

6. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I hear this year SI's doing something COMPLETELY different and giving predictions on where each and every team will finish in their division and conference AND predicting the playoff outcomes. Radical.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I thought you were going to say they had a man with a tape recorder up his nose.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wizards trade a 2014 1st round pick and Okafor to Phoenix for Gortat and a few other players who likely won't be retained by the Wizards. Protected pick. Does that mean the Wizards get that pick back if it's top 12?

This is where the Wizards will win 39 games, get the 8 seed, get swept by Miami, and are ass out of the draft pick.

9. Dick Whitman

They must like Alex Len then. Phoenix.

10. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

The Suns have a chance to have four first round picks in the 2014 loaded NBA Draft.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

top 12 protected next year and top 10 protected until 2019.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Spurs are back for blood, if you believe the local media here.
    Watch out, boys!

Draft saved Draft deleted