1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013-14 NBA Thread part 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 14, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yes. Please do that.

We need written statements as well as audio recordings. And full background checks.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I don't know what "potential" you're seeing. Rondo's coming off ACL knee reconstruction, and the rest of that roster is just hideous. They're gonna seriously suck.

But I agree with you that they don't want a playoff spot anyways, no doubt they gutted their roster this summer with an eye on the Wiggins/Randle/Parker sweepstakes. Oughta be fun seeing teams try to avoid earning that 8th playoff spot this year.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

You don't have to be good to contend for the 8th spot in the East. And I could see Stevens putting together a gritty tough style of team that grinds out a few wins it maybe shouldn't. But yeah, they're not going to be actually good at all.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

SI.com has a new way of doing previews this season, they got an opposing scout to talk about each team. Very good stuff, just read all of them.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's never, ever been done before.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hasn't SI been doing that for years? I know they've done it with the NFL.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They do it for every preview of every sport.

8. Dick Whitman

They must have not been able to find someone to talk about the Dodgers.

9. Bodie_Broadus

I didn't know they did the whole preview that way in the past. Before it was one or two paragraphs. Not the whole team.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

In related news, I've noticed that writers, columnists, and other NBA analysts are giving their predictions on a variety of things. MVP, Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year, Biggest bust, Most underrated and overrated teams, etc.

Some bold stuff. I read it all.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Find me the previews from last season where the WHOLE THING was just the opposing scouts take on a team. Don't show just the one or two paragraphs they did in the past, which you dickheads are saying is what they did.

12. Dick Whitman

It isn't the "whole thing" this time, either.

Their writers write the main bar, "The Case For (Team)."

Draft saved Draft deleted