1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2013-14 NBA Thread part 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I realize I'm being naive but it's the constant turnover of rosters that turns me off. Sure, moves are going to be made every year but I cannot keep up with all the transactions in the NBA.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Was looking at the Hawks' schedule (I know, I know) and noticed that they have at least one stretch of four games in five days. Is that fourth game going to provide a decent level of entertainment for anyone who turns up to watch it?

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Rondo and the new coach carry them, I think. Admittedly, this could end up way off base, but I think they'll be a pleasant surprise.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Rusty, I think there's some potential for that. But if it starts to happen Ainge will dump Bass, maybe even Green or whoever else to make sure they have a decent lottery pick.

5. boogie

boogie New Member

revenues are soaring. i don't think they need to fix or alter anything.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Who on that Boston team gives anyone confidence they can make a playoff run? Rondo is a good passer, can't shoot for shit, he'll have to score 30 a game (which I don't think he is capable of) for the C's to have any chance to win.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

is it against another of the 27 teams that don't have a chance?

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I'll go out on a bit of a limb and say New Orleans is gonna get in the playoffs, they'll be the eight seed, but I like what they did.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Fuck all of you Sixers haters.

That is all.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

NBA announces it has changed the Finals format back to 2-2-1-1-1 instead of 2-3-2, which had been in effect since the 1985 Finals.

Yup. With team charters that have all the amenities, the flights are more like excursions.

11. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

i would imagine this would suck for people covering the games and traveling with the teams if a series goes seven.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No worse than all the other playoff series which have always been 2-2-1-1-1.

Draft saved Draft deleted