1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 SJ.com College Football Poll -- FINAL poll finally posted on page 12!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Re: 2012 SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW WEEK 3 POLL on Page 3

No Arkansas votes from this guy. You can blame me for the Wake Forest vote, though. And still no Michigan.

1. Alabama 1
    2. USC 2
    3. LSU 3
    4. Oregon 4
    5. Oklahoma 5
    6. Florida St. 7
    7. Michigan St. 8
    8. South Carolina 9
    9. Georgia 11
    10. West Virginia 12
    11. Texas 13
    12. Clemson 14
    13. Virginia Tech 15
    14. Kansas St. 16
    15. Ohio St. 19
    16. Stanford 21
    17. TCU 22
    18. Tennessee 23
    19. Florida 25
    20. Notre Dame 24
    21. Arizona NR
    22. UCLA NR
    23. Oregon St. NR
    24. Louisville NR
    25. Wake Forest NR

OUT: Arkansas 8, Wisconsin 10, Nebraska 17, Oklahoma St. 18, Utah 20

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Re: 2012 SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW WEEK 3 POLL on Page 3

Quite a few people still had Arkansas (and even more, Wisconsin) at the bottom of their poll.

The one that surprised me was Oklahoma St. getting a few votes. They played a completely overmatched I-AA team, then got destroyed by a middle-of-the-Pac-12 (at best) Arizona squad.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Re: 2012 SportsJournalists.com College Football Poll -- NEW WEEK 3 POLL on Page 3

I had none of those teams. I Should Coco thinks I'm a good voter. But was I first, and do I get a cookie? Those questions remain.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

ISC: Where do you get the "haven't had much success in football the past few years" line for Missouri from. Since 2007, they played in two Big 12 titles games, entering one of them ranked No. 1. They have one of the longer streaks in the nation of eight-win seasons. Their previous three quarterbacks have made the NFL. It's not as if the SEC took Iowa State or something.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

If it's not hit-or-miss one-liners, it's stretching to pimp the perennial also-ran that is Missouri football.

6. dooley_womack1

Facts>Snark

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

dooley has jumped the snark

8. dooley_womack1

I know you're just trolling at this point, and your insults as Dyepack Ultralite don't mean jack shit, but are any of my presented facts inaccurate?

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Nope.

Those consecutive Big XII titles and BCS Bowl appearances were quite impressive.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Dooley: You make a valid point about the Tigers' recent success ... except I never said the past few years. It's over the long haul.

For quite a long time in the Big 8, it was Nebraska, Oklahoma, and ... uh, the rest.

And don't remind me about those damn Clones, who just won the battle for offensive futility over the Hawkeyes this past weekend ...

11. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Guilty.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

May we ask why?

Draft saved Draft deleted