1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 SJ.com Awards Ceremony

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ryan Seabiscuit, Dec 23, 2012.

?

Who deserves the 2012 SJ.com Poster of the Year Award?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2012.
  1. Bubbler

15.0%
  2. Care Bear

28.0%
  3. dooley_womack1

8.0%
  4. Double Down

29.0%
  5. Versatile

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Obviously the funding for this thing was crap.

Why would anyone whine over this bit of fun foolishness? Seems so unimportant in the grand scheme.

Is this like when people were upset about their "Ignore" numbers?

There's nothing wrong with growing up.

There are some people who still do the same crap they did a couple of years ago. Hit-and-miss one liners, constant pleas for validation, turning every thread into a political argument or an argument about something equally stupid. Responding again and again to the some old, perceived slights. Carrying their weight around here even as their career and the industry have gone to the toilet.

No thanks. Those are the boring posters.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

What Moddy said about Stanke and about being mentioned here gets my word-for-word second. Or, in the language of the board:

This.

Or +1. Or ^.

To be mentioned with Moddy, a friend with whom I have a professional affiliation and for whom I have a lot of respect, makes it even more special. Those who know me know I enjoyed a professional association with Stanke that was brief but loaded with significance and influence -- enough for me to know I'm not worthy of any kind of recognition associated with him. I can tell you my vote for post of the year was for his announcement about bringing Simon into the CBSSports.com family, because it was a meaningful event with roots way back in the history of the board -- and one that has an extra layer, because I get to interact with Simon personally and professionally.

It's nowhere in the rule book, but the expression "tie goes to the runner" came to mind for me here and suggested to me that this should go to Moddy, who ran in the Stanke memorial this year. And really, the metaphorical lap around the track with this train of thought brings us back to a bona fide runner, Stanke. That's the coolest part of this award: that we are remembering SF_Express, one of this board's bedrocks. There are a few terrific visual tributes to him on the wall at CBS Interactive in Fort Lauderdale (including a beautiful one Amy contributed), and he should always have a place of honor here on the board.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

When do the "participant" ribbons arrive?

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I am deeply honoured. I feel the colour rising in my cheeks - almost as if I was wearing rouge. :-[

Oh ... and JR says WTF? :D

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Should we send MankyJimy a note?

Also, BYH is Axl Rose-ing us.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Better yet, do we all get our names in the paper? We work just as hard and we deserve the coverage.

And congrats to the winners.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Big Lead: Exclusive! Stupid Les Carpenter named finalist for irrelevant website award.

[​IMG]

Jason Whitlock: I see the Good ol Boy network strikes again. What a joke. Electing an all-SportsJournalists.com team is basically like appointing a new council of Grand Wizards. NRA-KKK-SJ. Notice how they all sound the same? I do. Can someone throw me a link to this thread so I can talk shit about it on Twitter? Time to get the damn thing done.

[​IMG]

Nate Silver: The vote went exactly as I predicted it would. Gay math, bitches.

[​IMG]

A.J. Dauliero: I heard Double Down's wife slept with ever voter to get this award for him. Is it true? Eh, I'll let the hits decide.

[​IMG]

Dan Steinberg: Sigh. I guess I'll blog about this. God, life is such bullshit. Oh look! Colin Cowherd is claiming Norrin should have won Poster of the Year. I guess I'll transcribe this while I drink myself to sleep.

[​IMG]
    Drew Magary: FUCK THIS LIST. IT FELLATES GOATS! WHAT A BUNCH OF EPIC FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS, JERKING EACH OTHER OFF WITH THE QUOTE FUNCTION AND NO LUBE! GARGLE MY HAIRY DAD BALLS, SJ.

[​IMG]

Spnited (up in heaven): No one gives a fuck about your fantasy SJ teams!

SF_Express (up in heaven): True, but I'm glad Versatile hit his deadline and turned in clean copy. I can't emphasize how important that is, even for irrelevant bullshit.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Greatest site meme ever.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Spectacular.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Left out Bert and Ernie fucking each other.
    And that perv Elmo.
    But overall, superb captions, just need more pervertedness than Animal.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Great stuff, Double Down. :)

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As a former winner (have no idea why) at least we keep the trophy in our house.

If I had just shut up about Tebow, I may have won :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.