1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Tonight, Cena is boldly trying to do what no WWE Superstar has done before: Get revenge for an attack on Santa.

No, I'm not kidding.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'm about halfway through (Just finished the Miz-Kofi match) and it appears that literally EVERY face is going to win tonight. Five matches, five face victories. Not going to lie, this is kind of lame.

3. Baron Scicluna

Wait until you see the main event. I'll admit, it was pretty entertaining.

I don't really blame them though. It's Christmas Eve, odds are not many are going to be watching, it's a long way until the Rumble, so they decided to just have some fun with the show instead of moving storylines along or hot-shotting their booking.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

They should've just gone with a Best of 2012 Raw like they've done in the past.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They also taped it along with two or three other shows sometime last week.

I caught maybe 3 minutes of the lumberjack match. And that was it. There's really no point in watching the holiday show because they never advance anything -- not that there's anything wrong with that, I just don't watch.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That main event was pretty funny.

Also, for what it's worth. The promos here are saying The Rock WILL be at the Tampa Raw show on Jan. 7. The same one Ryback and Punk will be fighting for the title on.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That would make sense, since the Royal Rumble is Jan. 27, and doesn't he live in Florida anyway?

8. KYSportsWriter

He's from Miami. And wwe has said he's going to be at that Raw and the next night's SD taping from Miami.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

It's about time he came back. I mean he did the one-shot I'm going to fight the champ at the Rumble promo and has not been seen since.

Wish I was going to that Raw now. Would be cool to see the great one live again.

10. KYSportsWriter

Everybody knew he was only there to set up the Rumble match when he was last on tv. Isn't he in the process of filming two movies now?

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I love the lack of logic in The E's booking. Okay, I know it's just the silly holiday show, but why oh why waste time building Del Rio as a face only to have him mow down Santa with a BMW in front of children? There's no way to live that down. Only Stone Cold has gotten away with a vicious attack on Kris Kringle.

Although I did love the crowd's "You killed Santa!" chant. The street fight itself was hilarious, mostly because they went over the top and didn't take it seriously. It served its purpose.

I did nearly hang myself with tinsel during the opening sing-along. Absolutely brutal.

12. Baron Scicluna

That's one thing I didn't understand. They JUST turned him face. This is WCW-like booking.

It was a funny match though. Loved Del Rio's look when he opened the present with the teddy bear, then threw it at Cena, who looked like he was going to crack up himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted