1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 26, 2011.

1. billikens

billikens Member

As I was reading an article about Orton's injury (which appears to be legit, although it was discovered before the taping), I saw another article saying Chris Jericho is allegedly confirmed to be headed to Memphis (where Monday's RAW takes place) Jan. 1 and leaving Jan. 3.

The writer notes he can't confirm Jericho is the mystery guy, and I have no idea how a writer for a wrestling website would have access to Jericho's travel schedule, especially considering how tight-lipped and almost combative Jericho has been about the issue on Twitter. But all signs/rumors point to Jericho's return.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Word on the street is Taker is looking to extend his perfect Wrestlemania streak at the 2032 show

3. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Another hint: Check Fozzy's Web site.

Fozzy doesn't have a scheduled Monday or Tuesday date until June. And only two concerts scheduled between now and then.

So while he may not necessarily be the guy behind the promos, I am expecting him for a very brief WrestleMania run.

And if that's the case, I'm more excited about a Punk-Jericho feud than I am Rock-Cena.

4. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I'm going to go ahead and throw this on here as well as the 2011 thread, but the Wrestling Observer Web site (which I do subscribe to, don't judge me) reports that WWE.com has posted that Orton has a herniated on the L-4/L-5 level and that with rehab, time off and anti-inflammatories, he should only be out a few weeks. This sounds legit as opposed to whatever they might say on Smackdown Friday night. WO also said Orton has been complaining about back issues for a couple of weeks, which is why he hasn't been doing much lately.
    As for who the big reveal is going to be, my gut instinct says Jericho, but there's a part of me that hopes it's somebody else just for the sake of having a curveball thrown at us. That being said, I don't want it to be Vince, Shane or Stephanie (or maybe even Undertaker). I'd like for it to be somebody different or new. But I think I'm asking for too much there.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Why not Shane? Shane has been gone forever. I'd more than welcome him back.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So long as he doesn't get in the ring, I'd be fine with him coming back in a prodigal son-type story line involving Vince.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

1.2.12 reveal odds

Likeliest: Jericho, Undertaker, Vince/Stephanie McMahon
    Longer shot: Shane McMahon, Skip Sheffield (apparently he looks pretty good in dark matches and it's a small miracle he's even wrestling after his leg problems, but he'd be a letdown), Batista
    Longest shot: Brock Lesnar, setting up something for WrestleMania

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Jes-us. How much of a fucking letdown would Skip Sheffield be?

As much as I think it's Jericho, the girl in the video is throwing me. Of course we all think it is Stephanie, but what connection is there to Jericho ... besides the filthy, dirty, disgusting, brutal, bottom feeding trash bag tramp lines? Only way I see them two working together is against Punk, since they never really did tie up the tension between Steph and Punk from months ago.

I'm fearing it's Vince and Stephanie.

No way do I think it's Undertaker this time around.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I only threw Skip Sheffield in because his name has been starting to come up in connection with it. I doubt it's him, unless he's announcing an incoming power, as Abyss did with the 10.10.10 reveal of Immortal.

If the girl isn't Steph, it could be Trish or Lita, who have been associated with Jericho in the past. Or the girl could be a red herring, or at least a metaphor or something.

Perhaps it's the anonymous Raw GM, finally revealing himself.

Still holding out hope it's Paul Bearer leading a stable of undead wrestlers.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And I briefly thought about the red hair connection with Lita, too, especially after her Slammys appearance. But haven't heard anything about her coming back to the WWE.

Maybe it's Matt Hardy coming back for what is his ... that bag of pills he left hidden taped under the ring steps.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Lesnar says he's done with UFC.

So that 1/2/2012 just got another layer added to it ... even though it's still highly unlikely it's him.

12. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

If it somehow were Lesnar, to me that would truly be a "Holy S*it!" moment. But maybe I'm overreacting a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted