1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 MLB postseason running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

What we know:

Friday's Wild Card games
    St. Louis at Atlanta
    Baltimore at Texas

AL Division Series
    Starts Saturday -- Oakland at Detroit
    Starts Sunday -- N.Y. Yankees at Wild Card

NL Division Series
    Starts Saturday -- Cincinnati at San Francisco
    Starts Sunday -- Washington at Wild Card

Sounds like the Orioles are going to roll the dice with Steve Johnson Friday against Yu Darvish. Texas won five out of seven, and the teams haven't played since late August, where Texas took two out of three in Arlington.

I'd have rather have had the game in Baltimore, but if the Orioles were going to have to face someone in the WC game, I'm just glad it's not Oakland.

I think the A's beat Detroit in four. I have a weird feeling that the Giants will knock the Reds out.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Go, O's and A's. And fuck the Cardinals.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

With a rusty chainsaw.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yankees want no part of Detroit.

What's the format for the League Championship series?

5. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

If the Reds can't win it, I'd like some team that came out of nowhere (like the O's or Nats) to take it.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Dipped in bird flu virus.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Be Texas' luck that Chris Davis hits a go-ahead homer and Pedro Strop gets the win in relief.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As long as Tommy Hunter gets nowhere near the pitching mound in this one, I'm fine with that scenario. Hell, keep him off the damn roster.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So, the Cardinals won it all in 2006 with a barely mediocre team that had no business being in the playoffs that year.

Then, last year they win it all overcoming a seemingly umpossible deficit in in the standings from late August on.

Now, they make the playoffs in a spot that wasn't even an option a year ago--they would have been out of the postseason a year ago in this scenario.

All seems tailor made for another Cardinal World Series win. Only downside is they couldn't win it in 7 games over the Angels.

Here's hoping we can all go crazy, folks, go crazy.....

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

They're facing Kris Medlen. Like a million elephants with silver-back orangutans, you can't stop a train.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Did I see somewhere that the Orioles are now starting Joe Saunders? Who is 0-whatever with a high ERA in Texas' ballpark?

RT @JeffWilson_FWST: Orioles to start lefty Joe Saunders on Friday. He's 0-6 with a 9.38 ERA in his career at #Rangers Ballpark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.