1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 Grammy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Feb 12, 2012.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Unable to watch another moment of golf or basketball today, I flipped over to the red carpet way too early.

Adele has arrived, looking as if she was on her way to sing La Traviata at the Met, and accidentally ended up at the Grammys. Way too elegant for this crowd.

What do they talk about, I'm trying to remember, when an icon doesn't die the night before? Waiting for one of these youngsters to say, 'um, yeah, I don't really know who she is....'

Okay, someone named Sasha has built a machine gun onto her arm, goes nicely with her pink dress.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Katy Perry with blue hair. Some weird Violet Beauregard thing going on here.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe Bruce will deep-six "We Take Care Of Our Own" and do an a capella version of "I Will Always Love You."

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Nicki Minaj, shrouded in red, has arrived with the pope.

Probably no one will notice.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love her rapping, can't stand her "persona" or "style" I guess.

What channel are you watching? E?

6. imjustagirl

Just flipped over. Jessie J's dress looks impossible to walk in, but very cool.

EDIT: They just showed her on the red carpet instead of in the 360, and it looks much less well-fit. Kind of pooched around her pooch, and I didn't love it as much.

7. imjustagirl

My god, Adam Levine is stunning to me.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I really hope Mumford brings home a couple of awards.

9. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Oh noes! Seriously though if they open the show with him singing "We Take Care of Our Own," that's gonna have some terrible irony.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yes, I was watching E. Love it for its horribleness.

Why does LL have to wear that hat? Looks he is auditioning for a remake of Driving Miss Daisy.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Aha, a prayer, this is why the pope arrived early.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Play Thunder Road for Christ sake's.

Draft saved Draft deleted