1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 FedEx Cup Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Down to the last 2 events. The one thing I wish they would change is instead of the 10 million dollar "retirement prize" or whatever the hell it is.....
    the tour needs to take the 10 million in cash, and set it in the big fedex cup trophy......set it on the first tee, and say "This is what you're playing for kids.....Have Fun."

BTW: Bo Van Pelt is going blitzkrieg.....-7 through 13 holes at The Stick.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The first two tournaments have been really entertaining ... I still wish that the FedEx Cup was a true playoff, i.e., you take the top 144 for the first week and if you can't crack the top 120, you don't advance. And the top 70 the next week, etc.

But you can't argue with the golf the last two weeks. It's been fantastic.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. It's been entertaining, but it's going to get lost in the shuffle with the NFL starting. Like how the second-to-last tournament, the BMW, is getting rotated among courses. Crooked Stick this year, Conway Farms next year, Cherry Hills in 2014.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Was this the first year that the Barclays has been at Bethpage Black? I remember it being somewhere in New Jersey most years.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yes on the black. It has been at Ridgewood, Plainfield, and Liberty National. Will be going back to Liberty National at (I think) 2015.

6. MileHigh

Yes. And that event is now in a New York-centric rotation.

Liberty National next year. Ridgewood in 2014. Plainfield in 2015. Bethpage in 2016.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The only thing about rotating this tournament is that it leaves Chicago without a regular Tour stop, which is odd. Of course, they have the Ryder Cup this year, so I doubt the golf community minds.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

2013 BMW will be in Lake Forest at Conway Farms.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

They do that. 125 in points to qualify for the first, 100 for the second, 70 for this week, 30 for the Tour Championship. How did you miss that?

10. MileHigh

I think he means to reset the points for the playoffs to zero for those who make it instead of keeping all of the "regular season" points that were earned.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Correct, should have made that more clear.

If a No. 1 seed loses in a "playoff" in any other sport, it doesn't get to stick around because it had a great regular season.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Holy ------. Could Crooked Stick be any easier? This is a joke and I refuse to watch this embarrassment.

Draft saved Draft deleted