1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 College Baseball- Road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, May 27, 2012.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

SEC goes 8-0 on Saturday, is 14-2 for the tournament.

SEC teams that need one win to reach super regionals: Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Florida, LSU, Arkansas ... and, Lord help us, Ole Miss.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

IIRC, Cal hosted, but because of the light issue, they played at Santa Clara.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The NCAA received a guarantee from Purdue, so the Boilers assumed any financial risk. The NCAA never takes a bath.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You are correct. DBU won the regional at TCU then traveled the West Coast. My mistake.

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

the Purdue crowd at the Gary regional has been decent. Not great. Not SEC standard, but a couple of thousand for the Purdue games.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Why "Lord help us ..."?
    Ole Miss has one of the most dynamic youngish coaches in the college game and he really recruits well, and they've been to two Super Regionals in the past few years. The SEC, say what they will, is one of the deepest, most comeptitive and most parity-ridden athletics leagues, especially among the big-name sports like mens and womens diamond ball & basketball and football.

Oh BTW in Tallahassee, Samford gets a shot at Bobby Bowden U today after they whipped MSU in an elimination game a second or two ago.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You mean Bobby Bowden's alma mater gets a shot at Bobby Bowden U.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Yeah, there's a relationship there.
    Much like Ole Miss facing off with Johnny Vaught's prior jobsite U. today at College Station Regional

9. mb

mb Active Member

It's Game of the Century of the Year, Part II in South Carolina today.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I love these "no-need-to-hype-this-one" types of clashes.
    Awesome to soak it all up.
    Think SC will handle things today, mb?
    Or do we play again Monday?

11. mb

mb Active Member

Well, I feel a little better after that 3-spot in the first. Honestly, I'm about to the point where I just believe South Carolina is going to find a way to win, regardless of how things look.

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

SHSU takes out Rice.

Draft saved Draft deleted