1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 College Baseball- Road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, May 27, 2012.

1. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Things I know abut Gary, Indiana:

1. There's a lot of crime.
    2. The Jackson 5 is from Gary.
    3. Foster & Lloyd referenced it in a song lyric.
    4. Again with the crime.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the soul-crushing blight.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Until a few years ago, merging from I-65 to I-80 meant stopping at a red light. Waiting those 90 seconds was enough to reaffirm everything I'd ever heard about Gary.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

"Top seed" Miami got dumptrucked by Stony Brook yesterday and is currently being blown out by Missouri State.

5. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Mississippi State rebounds to send UAB home with an 8-1 win. Now the Pups will more than likely get another crack at Samford tomorrow, and if they win, they'll have to beat FSU twice on its home field to advance.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

This is fun baseball - Clemson at SC.
    Excellent game and atmosphere.

7. mb

mb Active Member

Wow. Don't have much left in me and all I did was watch.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

One hell of a finish in Columbia.

Forced to listen to Appalachian State and Oklahoma in the battle of overly repetitive fight songs. Damn you, ESPN!

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Great ending in Chapel Hill. St. John's was down 4-2 in the bottom of the ninth with one out, 8-hole hits a three-run homer.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

James Ramsey hits a grand slam to put Florida State up, 8-0 against Samford in the 7th inning.

Birmingham has two universities in one regional. That's impressive.

Also: My mom *hates* Mike Martin more than anyone in the world not named Steve Spurrier. It's quite amusing to watch an FSU baseball game with her.

11. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Woo Pig. Arkansas defeats Rice 1-0. If Arkansas wins and Baylor gets bumped, seems like a no brainer that the Super Regional would be in Fayetteville.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If Baylor doesn't win its regional it will be won by Dallas Baptist or Oral Bob so yeah, either one of those schools is probably headed to Fayetteville if they win in Waco.

DBU did host Cal at TCU in the Supers last year due to the fact Cal's ballpark doesn't have lights.

Draft saved Draft deleted