1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 College Baseball- Road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, May 27, 2012.

1. I'm still surprised at Miami hosting, particularly with both Florida and Florida State hosting. Three regionals in Florida seems like a lot when other teams had stronger resumes than Miami.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

It'$ not about fairne$$ with the NCAA, it'$ about other thing$ and i'm $ure the team from $outh Florida made a better bid to ho$t.

That said, Mi$$i$$ippi $tate would have made a boat ton of money for the NCAA.

3. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

If they said regional equity played a factor when it comes to hosting regionals, then how did Florida get three of them? Not arguing for Kentucky as much as arguing why so many regionals went to one state.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it i$n't alway$ about that. Gary i$n't going to make the NCAA a red cent.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Kentucky baseball was the hot story around these parts for about a month this season, especially after basketball ended. It was pretty much all people were talking about when they were ranked No. 1.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Only consolation for a season in which my Southern Miss Golden Eagles failed to make the regionals for the first time since 2002 is that Tulane got snubbed, despite 38 wins.

That's what a 63 RPI and a lousy OOC schedule will get you. Couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people. ;D

And no one should be shocked if Blitz's Bulldogs are hosting a super-regional after this weekend. They're playing really good ball right now.

7. mb

mb Active Member

Kentucky plates a run in the bottom of the 19th.........to match Kent State's run in the top half. On to the 20th we go.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Kentucky shortstop goes to 0-for-9 with a 1-2-3 double play with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 20th. On to the 21st.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kentucky loses to Kent State 7-6 in 21 innings in the FIRST game of the Gary Regional.

At a little before 1 am ET, Purdue leads Valparaiso 3-1 in the fifth inning of the second game in Gary. Insane.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Leaving the ballpark in Gary in the dead of night. What possibly could go wrong?

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It'll be early morning by the time this game is over. All the gangbangers will be asleep.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Nothing good happens after 2 a.m. Especially in Gary.

Draft saved Draft deleted