1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 College Baseball- Road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, May 27, 2012.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised USC didn't make a play for George Horton. I know he makes a ton of money and has the biggest budget in the Pac-12 at Oregon but I think he could have been had last year. I think he bunts way too much and burns out his pitchers but he can coach and has done a nice job of building Oregon's program (again, Oregon has made a huge financial investment USC seems reluctant to make).

And Savage has done a solid job at UCLA. Best program in the Southland, even with not-so-hot facilities. Gary Adams always had great talent with the Bruins but couldn't win. Savage still gets the talent and wins games.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Gary Adams is one of my favorite people. He refused to burn up his pitchers. That's why he didn't win more. But, yes, he should have won more than he did.
    I don't think Pat Haden will wait too long to replace Cruz. I think he got a three-year deal (not sure about that) and just finished the first year. He better start turning it around next year or he'll probably be gone. Cruz has had bad luck on the guessing game of who's going to go pro and who isn't. He has signed some great players, only to have them go pro.
    This is a tough business.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Almost a hell of an unassisted DP to end the CWS.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Catpile at the CWS.

The Pac-10 and SEC have won 6 of the last 7 CWS titles (WAC school won the other). Pretty obvious which conferences play the best college baseball in the country. And it aint the ACC.

(And yes, another sport the Pac-12 doesn't suck in. I think that's nine NCAA team championships this year, plus men's crew, which isn't an NCAA-sanctioned sport.)

5. mb

mb Active Member

Man, Arizona made *every* play. Amazing run for the Chickens, though.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The last time either the SEC, Pac-10/12 or Texas wasn't in the championship series or championship game was 1999 (Florida State vs. Miami). The last time before that was in 1994.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Mississippi State will be in Omaha next season.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted