1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 College Baseball- Road to Omaha

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, May 27, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Regional hosts announced today. Full list of qualifiers & pairings announced Monday at Noon ET.

Regional hosts are:

Arizona
    Baylor
    Florida
    Florida State
    LSU
    Miami
    North Carolina
    North Carolina State
    Oregon
    Purdue
    Rice
    South Carolina
    Stanford
    Texas A&M
    UCLA
    Virginia

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The team I cover is the dictionary definition of a bubble team. Can't wait for noon to roll around tomorrow to get on with it.

And I don't know about you, but nothing screams college baseball atmosphere like Gary, Indiana!

Purdue has to play in Gary as Purdue's ballpark has the amenities of your joe-average city softball diamond ... without the lights. Indy, Fort Wayne and South Bend were all unavailable. Boilers will have new ballpark next year. One year late as it turned out.

3. Armchair_QB

Doesn't Gary have a nice, fairly new Indy ballpark?

4. Bubbler

It does ... in the middle of one of the most bombed-out downtowns in the U.S.

I just did a Google maps image of it. I'm going to die.

5. Armchair_QB

Hey, urban renewal has to start somewhere...

6. Bubbler

I think Big Ten baseball might actually drop property values.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Still hoping Utah Valley gets a bid.

8. mb

mb Active Member

Five ACC regional hosts. Three SEC regional hosts. Judging by well, pretty much every NCAA baseball tournament ever, that's a little off.

9. Armchair_QB

But keeping with the fine tradition of overseeding the ACC.

10. I thought Kentucky and Miami should probably have been flipped, and apparently so do a lot of others. Seems like Kentucky fans are pretty incensed about that.

11. mb

mb Active Member

Admittedly, if Kentucky hadn't damn near lost out, it would have had an even better argument.

12. The Wildcats' non-conference schedule was pretty week, too. Still thought what they did in SEC play merited hosting a regional. It was, what, two weeks ago that most were talking about them as a potential national seed?

Draft saved Draft deleted