1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 CFL running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The one that sprung him on the goal line was pretty close to it. Ref's argument, i'm sure was that he got him more from the shoulder.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Tristan Jackson of the Roughriders was almost as impressive last night, with missed field goal returns totalling nearly 200 yards, including a 129-yard TD that tied the CFL record for longest ever.

3. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

The "no-yards" rule and the potential for a rouge on a missed FG are two things I've come to really enjoy about the CFL -- it allows for some great action in the return game.

Every game I've watched this year, there has either been a punt or MFG return for TD, and in most cases, multiple returns for TDs.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I love the CFL but the officiating is an absolute joke.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Oh it is, but I'm not sure there is a whole lot they can do about it considering their pool. I've basically come to just hope that the bounces even out over the course of a season.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

NBC Sports Network showing nine regular-season games starting Aug. 27, plus showing all playoff games.

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Showing three Calgary-vs.-Edmonton games but no Roughrider games. Meh.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Battle of Alberta is tough to beat. The Labour Day game and then return match are almost always classics, especially the return game a couple of days later where both teams are dead tired and beat to shit. There's the odd blow out, but I don't think that'll be the case this year. Should be some damn good football between the two, even if the Eskimos don't have a quarterback -- maybe Nichols or Masoli will be starting by then -- both teams a pretty even this year.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Beavers merchandise would likely rival Riders gear within five years if they went with it. I'm sure the innuendo would be enough to stop them from going that route, however.

Draft saved Draft deleted