1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 CFL running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Just watched the highlights. Calgary's starting QB was hurt early but the Stamps had a defensive TD and a 125-yard missed field-goal return for a TD.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I watched most of it, very entertaining stuff. Horrific crowd for a heavily promoted game on a perfect day.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

TSN is commissioning a series of docs to commemorate the 100th Grey Cup. One will be on the '71 Argos, which was, for those of you Canucks who were born back then, a team full of characters, including their coach legendary Leo Cahill.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

The Argos need a venue like the Alouettes have in Molson Stadium.

The soccer field at Exhibition Place would have been perfect if the city had been smart enough to build it to accommodate something other than soccer.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Glad I missed today's Eskimos game against the Roughriders. 17-1. Saw some of the highlights, if you can call them that. Just terrible. The Eskimos officially have no one that can play QB. Going to be a long freaking year.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agreed. they also missed out on a return to Varsity when a multi-sport complex was greenlighted for renovations as opposed to a 25,000-seat stadium.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Watched most of the game, and my goodness. I don't know if Edmonton's offensive line was that bad or Saskatchewan's was that good, but the Riders were just dominating that battle. The EE QB never had a chance.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Again, didn't watch it, but it is probably a combination of both. The Eskimos offensive line has been terrible for about five or six seasons now. But then Jyles is just terrible. If he's not able to complete on first down the defence is just going to pin its ears back all day and this is what happened.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Anybody here go to to New Mexico State?

Ticats beat the Argos last night (Oskeeweee!) 36-27 but Hamilton almost blew a 21-0 first quarter lead.

Anyway, the new rock star in the Hammer is Chris Williams who played ball at New Mexico and had three touchdowns last night: a 34 yard pass for a TD, a 89 yard punt return and a 119 return after a missed field goal. Yup.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

He's kind of picked up where he left off last year. Which is surprising because Burris has been bad this year. And Noel Prefontaine can no longer kick.

Also, while the Eskimos routed the Bombers, that was due to the defence. I just get angry now watching Jyles and it's only Week 3. It's going to be a long season.

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Williams can flat-out fly. Have watched two TiCats games, and Williams has stolen the show both times.

I was surprised clipping/blocking in the back wasn't called on the missed FG return, though. Looked like I saw two pretty clearly.

Draft saved Draft deleted