1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 CFL running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Jun 28, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hard to be objective about your kid but he was a terrific on play reads.

His weakness (which he admitted) was one on one coverage. It didn't help that the new coaches didn't want to play a Canadian at FS any longer

He had two good years and now he's moved on. .

The CFL is inscrutable sometimes. Talent is only one part of the equation.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ray will have a problem in Toronto. The o-line sucks big time according to my kid.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

He's used to that. The Eskimos haven't had an offensive line for the better part of the last seven or eight years.

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I'll be in Calgary Sunday to watch the ageless Calvillo shred the Stampeders. But, uh, go Stamps. Sigh.

JR, they should rename your team the ex-Stamps. A lot of familiar names there. Burris is motivated this year, I honestly think they'll win the whole damn thing. Sigh.

I had tickets to the 100th Grey Cup, but our family is (finally) growing, so had to bow out. I imagine it'll be a great one though, anyone going?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Grey Cup is completely sold out. Would love to have gone. Ticats will be there. May have to drive to The Hammer this weekend and pick my Fantuz jersey. And a Burris for HC :)

6. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I could see the No. 4 East team crossing over and reaching the West final.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Would not surprise me in the least. Trying to remember, but I don't think there has ever been an east crossover. It's always been out of the west.

My biggest question is, will anybody in Toronto really care, will they average more than 20,000 a game?

http://twelvemenonthefield.blogspot.ca/2011/06/cfl-attendance-tracker-2011.html

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Nobody will give a shit here. Even the Grey Cup will be a non-event as far as Torontonians are concerned. And as someone who grew up a huge Argo fan in the 70's (suck it, JR!) that's too bad.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Burris already showing his bonehead side in the opener. Ticats in general shooting themselves in the foot early. My condolences JR.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Oh, the Riders' uniforms suck. Why did you do that to my favorite team, Reebok?

At least they're winning. I honestly didn't expect that. I didn't think it would be close.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Hamilton shot themselves in the foot all night long until I gave up on the game. I didn't mind the Riders jerseys so much except for the weird piping on the back. The white helmets were also different. I personally liked their retro Indy Colts styled jerseys they had been wearing the last few years. Their new ones were a stark contrast to the classic TiCats unis.

Also congrats are due Geroy Simon for breaking Stegalls receiving yards record. The mark is now at 15,192 and growing.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hamilton took stupid fucking penalties all night and theri defence was, to put it kindly, porous.

Draft saved Draft deleted