1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 Army-Navy game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Dec 8, 2012.

1. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Kind of glad they kept the camera on Steelman. I loved that he cared that much.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get the hatred for CBS doing that.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I will get to one of those games one of these years. Everyone who's been there says nothing in college football approaches that atmosphere.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No chance of that now. He can stand for world peace, finding a cure for cancer and jobs for everyone and all his opponent would have to say is, "He couldn't beat Navy!"

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The previous Navy QB, Ricky Dobbs, may not be president someday, but my bet is that he will be in the conversation at some point.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

As a proud Navy veteran, I am pleased with the outcome. As a human and sportsman, I hate it for Steelman that it ended that way.

I hated the uniforms, especially Navy's helmets.

7. slc10

slc10 Member

It was hard to root against either team. Wouldn't be cool.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Army's uniforms were pretty damn sweet. So were Navy's helmets.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Terrible ending. Usually pull for Navy, but an Army win would have been sweet after so many years. Played their hearts out.

I'm not big on the uniforms on steroids, but I dug both of them. Battle of the Bulge in the numbers? That's sweet. Navy helmets rocked.

In the top five events on the bucket list to attend.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Dug the Navy numbers, just like those you see on the ships.

After hearing for more than a week about how important this game is, how much it matters - the words didn't come close to doing half the job that Steelman's reaction did.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I have a friend who was in one of the team's locker room's as a guest before the game (not today's, about 10 years ago). Normal pre-game joking and bantering until all in a sudden everybody shut up, jumped up, and stood ramrod straight at attention, eyes forward, all in about one second.

My friend turned around and was about three feet from President Bush, who had entered the room. He said it was the most memorable moment of his life.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm going to make a similar suggestion to the head coach of the university across town; maybe he could use directions to the library since none of his players have ever been there.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted