1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2012 Academy Awards thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 24, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Of all the movies with a nomination in any of the above categories, I have seen one: Bridesmaids.

So I'm going to recuse myself from any further discussion of the awards. I'll be back for the ceremony to talk about fashion though. :D

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I would have loved to have seen Elle Fanning nominated for "Super 8," but no way she was cracking that field.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How did Albert Brooks not get nominated for Drive?

4. Mizzougrad96

As it should have been.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's just shocking to see a Pixar movie not nominated in the Animated film category.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Or Gosling, for that matter.

Of the best picture nominees, I've only seen Moneyball and, other than The Descendants, I'm not terribly interested in seeing any of them. I'll probably check some of them out as come out at Red Box, but on the whole, I'm underwhelmed with this year's crop of movies (not just the Oscar nominees, just movies I've seen this year, in general).

7. Mizzougrad96

Agreed, but Cars 2 is probably the worst Pixar movie they've made.

8. Mizzougrad96

Moneyball is the only best picture nominee I've seen. I'm sure I'll see The Help and Descendants and maybe Tree of Life, before the Oscars air, but 1 for 9 for me is pretty bad.

I used to try to see all of the major nominees, but that's just not realistic anymore...

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Too bad Young Adult turned out to be a bomb; that surely cost Theron an Oscar nod.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oops I forgot Ides got the adapted screenplay nom. Saw that too.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I can't wait to watch Vivid video's mashup, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoos Albert's Knobb.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Draft saved Draft deleted