1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Tour de France Running, er, Cycling Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 27, 2011.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The maillot juene has finally passed on.
    Andy Schleck leads by 53 seconds (thanks to a breakaway pressed heavily by Contador). Schleck frere is 53 seconds back, Evans 57, and Voeckler 2:10 after his glass slipper finally cracked on the Col de Galabier.
    Down to the individual time trial around Grenoble tomorrow. Seems to be on the platter for Evans, but three years ago he was in the same spot and didn't get 'er done in his specialty.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I can't wait for tomorrow's time trial. Should be some good drama as Schleck tries to hold on. I think Schleck hangs on by a few seconds.

Personally, I'd love to see Frank Schleck make a run at the yellow jersey just to make things really interesting.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Heck of a ride by Evans. You could truly see him riding away with it and Schleck slugging along.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Is there a replay on Versus tonite? Missed it this morning. Good job by Evans.

5. Kermit McManus

Kermit McManus New Member

I've been watching event for last few days: But I do have serioius question -

What do while riding they do when that have to go to bathroom?

6. John

John Well-Known Member

They show replays throughout the day and there is a expanded showing at 8 p.m., but it's got so much fluff in it that you can go 10 minutes without seeing anyone on a bike.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Can't do it in a TT, but on a normal stage, if someone has to take a leak, they just pull over and do it. It's unwritten that you don't attack when someone is taking a "natural break." Many times, you'll see large groups go at once. There have been times where the more talented among them have whipped it out and went without getting off the bike.

As for No. 2, there are horror stories of guys just going and having a massive squishy load in their lycra at the end of the day. I think it was Bob Roll who told a story about having to take a massive dump, jumping off the bike and behind a hedge, stripping down and letting loose at the last possible moment before crapping himself, only to look and up see a family picnic horribly shaken about 10 feet away from him!

8. Kermit McManus

Kermit McManus New Member

Thank you Shoeless, I mean that.

Always wanted to know what wouldf happen if they had to Pinch loaf.

Draft saved Draft deleted