1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Time Mag 100 Most Influential

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Apr 21, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Three from sports, anyone want to guess before looking? (Hint: I had to click on every single name to find all three. Annoying.)

The writers of the bios are just as notable as the list (ie Arnold Schwarzeneggar on the British PM, Rahm Emanuel on Joe Biden, etc).

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2066367,00.html

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, go ahead and guess... You'll be wrong... :)

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I would have only even considered guessing one of those three.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I know we're all sick and tired of him, but I'm kinda surprised LeBron James isn't on this list ...

He's not more influential than Kim Clijsters? Really?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My guesses probably would have been LeBron, Pacquiao and maybe one of the soccer players. All of those would have been by default. I don't think any athlete right now should be anywhere near this list.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I love that the Angry Birds creator made the list.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

So who's the third athlete? I got Clijsters and Lionel Messi, but no idea on the third ...

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2066367_2066369_2066256,00.html

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Cricket's not a real sport, though.

/ducking

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Our usual range from the ridiculous (Michele Bachmann) to the sublime (Patti Smith).

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They should just call it the list of 100 people we'd like to have at the party we're going to throw.

12. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I can't believe I got Lionel Messi. Also thought, 'Watch, it'll be some cricket guy.'

Amy Poehler???

Draft saved Draft deleted