1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Running British Open Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

A one-hopper. Fantastic.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Did I just hear Sean McDonough call him "Roy" McIlroy?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I kinda do too. I've kinda felt that way during each of the first three rounds.

He ought to be selling fucking creamsicles somewhere.

4. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

I want to be Chubby Chandler's agent. Is that possible?

5. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Glad we're not seeing a certain poster's garbage about this "not being real golf." F'ing stupid, not to mention simply wrong.

But I digress....

Anyway... this is turning out to be a great, great tournament. Say what you will about Royal St. George's being the worst course in the rota -- and it is -- but it always produces a bunched, tight leaderboard. I would have no problem with virtually anyone on the first page hoisting the Claret Jug.

Tom Watson = incredible. He may be getting old, but watching him play never does.

What Darren Clarke did today: post 69 in those conditions, is a ball-striking clinic. Simply a clinic. And it should have been better. What seems to be holding EVERYONE back is the putter. Fowler, Glover, Mickelson, everyone is missing putts they HAVE to have to win a major: those 5-8 footers. The slower greens are probably a factor, especially to the Americans.

It should be a marvelous final round tomorrow. A marvelous final round of actual golf.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'd rather watch target practice. Nyah-nyah-nyah. ;)

7. I am BIG TIME in Darren Clarke's corner tommorrow. I hope like hell he's gets to hoist the jug.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

So who wins? I'd like to see Clarke but I'll take Dustin Johnson. If he doesn't, Fowler does.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Definitely would like to see Clarke win this. Great round today. But he's due for a bad day. I'll take Fowler to pull this out.

10. Lyndon

Lyndon New Member

Very interesting forum and look forward to your updates :) :)
    NIKE

11. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

Go Fowler.

Dude gets paid millions to wear that shit. Joke's on everyone else.

12. With the number of putts he missed yesterday, I hope that was Clarke's bad day. He shoulda closed the day with a three-stroke lead.

Draft saved Draft deleted