1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"May I have your attention please? I've just received an e-mail from the faceless suit in charge of our division."

"And I quote. We're having a tremendous year, but we have many challenges ahead of us in the ever-changing media landscape and the economy is still not up to the expectations of the operating committee. Therefore, there are some changes we will make. As of this moment, everyone will be taking a 6 percent paycut, and will have to take a furlough week in the next three months."

Boos in the newsroom.

"And tonight, KY, in this very newsroom, you will be coding up the agate page and taking the phone calls of parents of kids on the JV teams, and parents who want you to give their kids a nickname."

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I kid you not: One of my co-workers has that e-mail chime as his text notification sound. About 30 seconds after he received a text, the power went out for a moment before coming back on.

This is also a workplace filled with people that often talk about creating a nexus with other organizations.

In unrelated news, I'm dyeing my hair fiery red and painting my body white.

3. I bet it will look good, fella.

4. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

"Mr. Wonderful" diagnosed with cancer.

From WrestlingObserver.com:

Paul Orndorff, 61, revealed today in an interview that he had been diagnosed with cancer.

The former 80s headliner, whose program with Hulk Hogan was one of the most successful in history, mentioned having cancer on the show "Busted Open," on Sirius radio. He didn't elaborate on it when asked for more details, other than saying he just found out.

One of my favorite 80s WWF performers, along with Greg Valentine, Don Muraco and Bob Orton Jr.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Same thing with a co-worker whose office is right next to me (I think it's an Apple tone). And yes, "Can I have your attention please?" runs through my mind as soon as I hear it.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Shit, he was one of my favorites, too, even though you could see his heel turn on Hogan coming from a mile away.

And I always thought it was cool that he would come out to Hogan's music.

Hope he recovers.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Even after he had to retire because of an arm injury, he still kicked Vader's ass in a locker room brawl back in the mid-90s.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Awesome.

9. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

Both Cena and Hunter jobbed for Orton in that triple-threat WWE Championship match a few years back at WM24

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know people (adult males, at least) are tired of SuperCena, but he's never had a problem with jobbing. That's not to say he would lose clean to Miz, especially if they were the final match (only one heel has ever gone over in a WM main, or two if you count Austin turning on Rock in their match). But he's a total company man who hasn't shown a propensity to do with HHH or Austin have done to protect their spot.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I can't see Cena losing to Miz at 'Mania. Wrestlemania is ideally supposed to be the culmination of a storyline, and that means the face winning. Sometimes it doesn't happen, but I can't see that happening if we see Cena-Miz. Now, if it was the Rumble or Summerslam, sure, but not 'Mania.

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Watching SmackDown on DVR right now...and a decent 1st 45 minutes actually. Edge retained Goldie in a Last Man Standing match, and Kofi won the IC title from Ziggler. Then Vickie demanded an immediate rematch (after Dolph attacked Kofi after the bell), and Kofi won that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.