1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Interesting thing happened last night at MSG. Apparently, Punk, when he walked into the building, was denied entry by a security guard who didn't believe he was actually a wrestler. A second guard came over and let him in.

How Punk didn't just reach into his bag and bring out the belt is beyond me.

Punk later tweeted about the incident: “Sellout the Horizon on a Monday, refused entry to the Garden on Tuesday. My life is awesome. Some serious Larry David shit.”

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I watched the new "It begins" video again and one thing I noticed in this video (which wasn't much) was that the clocks showed a few minutes after 11. So my guess is that this "debut" will occur in the overrun.

3. A guy like Henry can easily lose steam if he disappears from TV. Definitely an out of sight, out of mind kind of guy. They've done a really outstanding job of getting him to be believable as a legit main event monster heel kind of guy. Considering he'd languished on the midcard for so long, it'd be a major waste to push him like that, get him to where they want him and then have him fall off the face of the Earth.

That said, I won't exactly miss him because there isn't much about him that makes me want to watch when he's on the screen.

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Should've had Fink introduce him like the last time he was at MSG, oh, about a month ago.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

If that's true and not a red herring or coincidence, that's not the smartest thing they could do. They're all but telling their viewers that nothing interesting is going to happen until the overrun, so go watch Two and a Half Men or Pawn Stars or whatever until 10:58.

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I was wondering if you guys would be interested in doing our own version of WWE Awards? But instead of having a clear winner, I would just like to know your thoughts on a few categories(around seven-ten). If I get enough interest, then I'll post the categories on Friday.

Just a small example: Who was the WWE wrestler of the year?

Thoughts on my suggestion about the WWE awards?

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

But who can tell if anyone else has really picked up on that?

8. KYSportsWriter

The SJ WWE awards. Nice.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Well, it's being talked about here, and I sincerely doubt Gehrig is the only person on the Internet to notice it. And even if it's only a sliver of the viewing audience that puts two and two together, why risk telling anyone when the reveal is taking place, especially when sub-3.0 ratings are becoming all too common?

10. KYSportsWriter

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I am absolutely in favor of this.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Random note ... on the heels of his appearance on Z! True Long Island Story, there's a movement to install Mr. Belding as Raw GM. And he's playing along with it on his Twitter account: http://www.twitter.com/mrbelding

How awesome would that be? His catchphrase is perfect for a Raw GM.

Teddy Long has, "Hold on, playa!"
    Mr. Belding would have "Hey! Hey! Hey! What is going on here?!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.