1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Pan American Games in Mexico

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by 89bat57, Jul 2, 2011.

1. 89bat57

89bat57 New Member

I will be available to cover any athlete/team competing at the 2011 Pan American Games in Guadalajara, Mexico from October 14–30. As sports editor of the Virgin Islands Daily News, I will be traveling with a small contingent from the USVI and should have plenty of extra time to provide in-depth freelance coverage through game stories, previews, feature profiles and blogs.

My first experience covering international competitions was at the 2010 Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games last summer in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico and I will also be available for freelance work at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.

I have worked full-time at daily newspapers for the last eight years. As a special correspondent, I've covered college basketball, lacrosse, football, soccer and high school swimming for The Associated Press, The Daily Press (Hampton Roads, VA), The Sun News (Myrtle Beach, SC), The Charleston Post & Courier (Charleston, SC), The Citizen’s Voice (Scranton, PA), Inside Lacrosse magazine and numerous sports web sites.

Anyone interested in resume or clips, please contact me at:
    Aaron Gray
    agray@dailynews.vi

Draft saved Draft deleted