1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 NHL off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

The Flyers have apparently traded Mike Richards to L.A. for Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds.

They've also traded Jeff Carter to Columbus for Jakub Voracek, a 1st and a 3rd.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369796

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I can't believe the Flyers are going to pay Bryzgalov 7 per.

3. mb

mb Active Member

Would the last Flyer out the door please turn off the lights. That's one world-class, franchise-altering housecleaning.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Agreed and wonder how he's going to handle the pressure with fanatics like that.

The Carter deal had long been rumored, but I'm surprised Philly traded Richards and question how much it got in return. Do like Simmonds, though.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Deals are so hard to jusge these days becaus you have to take into account what they do with the cap space it creates. Schenn should be good down the road but they paid a big price in giving up Richards.
    I think LA is going to be a very tough team out West next year.

6. derwood

derwood Active Member

Wow, lots of bar tenders in Philadelphia are not happy.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Claude Noel to coach Winnipeg franchise, according to reports. I guess he will know where his office is.

Second job opportunity MacTavish has bottomed out on in about a week. Interesting.

8. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Why would anyone want Jagr? Just askin'.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

always that hint of nostalgia. Also, he won't be making much so at the right price he might be worth a gamble. If he causes problems just let him go.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Hearing Florida wants to move up from No. 3 to the top spot. If memory serves correct, Tallon has stockpiled a few picks.

Saw a feature on the Dougie Hamilton kid recently. Big D cat. Will be watching for his name tonight.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Seen plenty of Dougie Hamilton in the OHL, he certainly looks like the real deal. Ryan Murphy is also a stud d-man from the OHL who will hear his name called pretty early.

Leafs pick up Avs d-man John Michael Liles for a second in 2012. Liles waived his no trade to come, he's the kind of puck moving power-play guy the Leafs need.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I only saw him on the tube, but he seems speedy for a kid his size. Since you've eyed him, that true? It will interesting to see if he can make an NHL roster this season. Tough position to break in at.

Draft saved Draft deleted