1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 NCAA women thread ... better late than never?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by holy bull, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Apprapos of nothing: Who in the post-Great Depression era names their kid Doris Burke? She sounds like she should be a secondary player on the Jell-O Program Starring Jack Benny.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And yet you could put UConn and Stanford players in A&M and Irish jerseys and no one would notice the difference.

We not only root for laundry, we decide to watch based on laundry. Lakers-Celtics? Woo-hoo!!! Spurs-Magic? Ho-hum. And there is zero logic behind that thinking.

Realizing that in its totality pretty much put out any fire I had as a fan of team sports. "Who won?" is just a curiosity now, not something I really care about.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Poor Geno's gonna have to recruit lesbians now.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Notre Dame doesn't have too many of them, though.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good god, who watches this stuff?

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I did last night out of basketball withdrawal. That probably accounts for a lot of the viewership. I'm so anxious for the men's championship that the women's games serve as an appetizer. I don't mean to disparage them by saying that. It's personal taste.

7. poindexter

They look like fat old men playing rec league basketball at lunchtime at the Y. That is one terrible product.

8. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Based on the stunning ignorance so far in just these two pages, I also vote better never than late.

9. poindexter

For whatever the reason, I think everyone's agreeing on this.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Women are always better late than never.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've never been on the wrong end of a paternity suit

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch. That UConn-Stanford game last year, especially the first half, was some of the funniest shit you will ever see on TV. I can't decide if I laughed harder during that or the mall episode of Modern Family.

Draft saved Draft deleted