1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 NBA Rumor Mill Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gasol is on a par with Lucas, which ain't bad. McHale? Barkley? Elvin? You're dreaming. They'd all put 40 on his head and foul him out in the process.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That "tutoring" shit doesn't work. And even if it did, would you want Baron Davis "tutoring" anybody?

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

At least I got you to agree to Lucas :) McHale was fantastic, I agree, great low post scorer (IMHO most unstoppable since 1975 other than Abdul-Jabbar), but he got to play next to Parish and Bird. I believe you put Gasol there his flaws are covered up pretty much. Big E, again he got to play next to Wes. Now I did not get to watch him in college at Houston only with the Bullets so maybe he was too old by then. Barkley was definitely more versatile and dynamic but Gasol is just as tough given his length and skill set (okay maybe Chuck's got him).

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Not sure Gasol would be a candidate for staying thanks to Mrs. Kobe (Vanessa, not Mitch).

Draft saved Draft deleted