1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 NBA Rumor Mill Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 30, 2011.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Do you also still believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Are you thinking trade or as a FA? Because I have no idea why Howard would want to put himself in a rebuilding situation willingly.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Will Howard have the potential to tip the competitive balance of the NBA, change the fortunes of a franchise, like O'Neal? Obvious parallel since they both started in Orlando.

Watching Howard last year, it seemed like he could be just as dominant and in fact has a better FT touch and all around shooting repertoire.

Howard to Lakers? Not sure he wants that since Kobe will be going downhill soon and who else is there? Howard + Williams + Brooklyn + ??? Who could be the third wheel there? Not sure Deron Williams would find a better spot.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Are you serious no team in there right mind would do that trade.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

YAY! Indiansnetwork is back!

All we need now is RAMBO. Make it happen!

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I'm not saying the Magic would like this trade, I'm saying that if I'm the Clippers I'm not offering anymore than the package above because I am confident that I have a great shot at luring Dwight over next offseason.

There aren't that many teams out there that can offer a great package to acquire Dwight. What can the Nets give that's significantly better? If Brook Lopez can't rebound he doesn't separate himself from guys like Kaman or even DeAndre Jordan if you favor defense. Draft Picks are a wash because whichever team that Dwight decides to go will end up in the playoffs.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

On his own, Howard cannot win a title.

If he goes to Miami, Chicago or the Clips, basically teams with stars already in place, then he can tip the scales.

In this NBA, one star does not tip. You need at least three, and even then, you have no assurance they will win it all. There is a kid in the back of the room named Dallas, and I think he will confirm what I just said.

8. Clambake Clem

Clambake Clem Member

I am interested to see what Cleveland does next season. I think this year they keep Baron Davis around to tutor Irving, then amnesty him next year. With Davis coming off the books at $14 mill per and Antawn Jamison\'s contract expiring at $16 mill per year that is $30 mill coming off their payroll.

Also, I am willing to wager that in the next two years either Chris Bosh or Lebron James is amnestied. Especially if Miami doesn\'t win it this season. They are in contract hell right now and really cannot get any better without players willing to play for peanuts. That is, of course, unless they can outbid on an amnestied player.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LeBron James is going to be amnestied..

Ok, I've now heard it all.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So now the Lakers are willing to trade Bynum.....for Howard?

Yes, please. Even if the Lakers have to dump Odom as well. Do it. Now.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What the hell did I just read?

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

When I thought of Howard to LA, all I considered was an aging Kobe and completely forgot about that other All-Star, Pau Gasol. Gasol and Bynum form a tremendous backline, but Howard and Gasol? Damn, that's a guard's dream frontline. Gasol may not be a great center/PF, but he's a damn fine one, right up there with the Big E, Barkley, Mo Lucas, McHale. Yep I wrote that sentence, feel free to disagree.

Draft saved Draft deleted