1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 HOLIDAY GRAB BAG (A Running Thread For Good & Bad Holiday Items)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Nov 2, 2011.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

OK.....I will start off this year's edition of holiday cheers (and/or lack of...) with this little ditty.

Why do radio station *insist* on doing this to their listeners *this* early or worse?? It would make me nuts if I worked in radio and were subjected to this so soon.

Yes, I am making Scrooge seem thrilled *before* going to bed on Christmas eve, but that's just how I feel.

OK.....Discuss this or any other aspect of the holidays you wish (just don't get us locked!!).

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/11/01/merry-christmas-from-star-93-3/

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I enjoy the holidays about a thousand times more now that I'm married with kids and no longer am traveling or covering football practice on Christmas Day.

3. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Driving through south central Pennsylvania on the Turnpike in late July, I ran across an FM radio station that announced they were doing "Christmas in July" and that they would be playing christmas music exclusively from some start date in July until December 26.

I thought it was a joke so I stayed tuned in until they actually played Silver Bells in July.

I did not take the time or expend the effort to make that station one of my presets on the car radio...

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Gad!!! :-O

Draft saved Draft deleted