1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Fantasy Baseball league

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Guy_Incognito, Mar 26, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Draft is done. What is your team name in the league?

2. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I already love my team. We're like a family. We're going to work hard, take it one day at a time. Hoe the same row. Brothers for life. Discipline! Fundamentals! Hustle! Heart!

:)

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I used to think that you only draft Uncle Toms.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No real comment on that. Just wanted to pick on you some more for allowing the autodraft to make the sweet, sweet choice of Huston Street in the second round.

5. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Ha! Little do you know, Mr. Bat, that I had a super-secret methodology involving four very valuable criteria, and Huston Street scored extremely well in two of them. This was no random pick.

Those criteria, for those scoring at home, were:
    1. People with a connection to Oklahoma, my most excellent home state.
    2. People with a connection to the University of Texas, my beloved alma mater.
    3. People who I had heard of.
    4. People I clicked on in the following pattern: 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 15 (ok, not really, there was some random clicking involved after a bit... I got bored).

Street, obviously, scored well according to Nos. 2 and 3.

So, take that. :D

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I found out who was drafted for me. I have no pitching. If anybody wants some bats, let me know. I am open to ANY and ALL trades.

7. outofplace

Which team is yours?

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Hang Em Bang Em

9. gang, it's a fruitless excercise to improve your team, unless second place is an achievement to you, considering I'm planning on keeping my SportsJournalists.com crown. Stir. That. Pot.

10. outofplace

You are a Pirates fan. How would you know what a good baseball team looks like?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He's probably watched the footage of Mazeroski's homer more often than Jim Garrison watched the Zapruder Film.
    "Up ... and to left field. Up ... and to left field. This film clearly shows that it IS possible for a baseball team in Pittsburgh to succeed!"

12. Well, being a Pirates fan, I do know what a bad baseball team looks like (actually, bad isn't even an accurate word to describe how bad it is on the north side) so I just think what would the Pirates do, then do the opposite. Like I said, y'all are in for some hurtin'. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted