1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Fantasy Baseball Advice Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 18, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Figured I'd start one of these again since we are getting into the time for keeper lists and drafts.

In fact, I'm already doing an email draft and I need some input.

This is a 10-team mixed keeper league. Each team protects 16 players and we draft by email. I'm in round two and Mariano Rivera and Brian Roberts are both on the board.

Rivera fits a need. All I have is Broxton and we have three RP spots. He did seem to slip a bit late last season, but he's still one of the best if not the best.

I don't really need a second baseman because I have Kinsler and I know Roberts is getting up there in years and coming off a season ruined by injuries. That said, I could probably use some insurance behind Kinsler and I can use Roberts to give me some much-needed steals in a DH spot.

Here is my roster so far
    C Joe Mauer
    1B Kendry Morales
    3B Adrian Beltre
    CI Kevin Youkilis
    2B Ian Kinsler
    SS Troy Tulowitzki
    MI Stephen Drew
    OF Matt Kemp
    OF Grady Sizemore
    OF Delmon Young
    DH Jose Tabata
    DH
    SP Zack Greinke
    SP Yovanni Gallardo
    SP Brett Myers
    SP Tim Hudson
    SP CJ Wilson
    RP Jon Broxton
    RP
    RP

So, who should I take?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Rivera. I trust him a lot more than Roberts.

3. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

You take Rivera. And this is coming from an Orioles fan who hates Rivera and loves Roberts.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Stay the fuck away from Roberts at anything approaching premium prices. He falls into your lap late, fine, but spend early on him and get fucked. Signed, Finished 2nd Last Year With Roberts.

Also tell Kendry Morales to fuck off for me. Thanks. :D

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is the second round of a 10-team keeper in which we protect 16 players, so basically the equivalent of the 18th round, so about he right time for Roberts.

That said, I took Rivera. Both players fit a need (saves or steals), but Roberts seemed to be just starting his decline even before the injuries hit last year.

And don't get me started on Morales. I have him on more than one keeper-league team. In one league, I kept Morales and Miguel Cabera. So I've got the guy who broke his leg being stupid and still isn't 100 percent and the moron who is apparently modeling his life after Tommy Gavin.

Draft saved Draft deleted