1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 CFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 30, 2011.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

am I wrong? If I am, break down why Durant is overrated

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I did. Go back and read the post. Just one man's opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Just to debunk your nonsense argument, I didn't say anything about Kevin Glenn or Henry Burris or even Cleo Lemon (who, BTW, is pretty horrible, too), did I? See you just want to take anything I (or some other persons) say and twist it to suit whatever agenda you have. Nonsense.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Dave Naylor today on TSN.ca

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The Edmonton Eskimos barely beat the Calgary Stampeders today 24-19. They are now 4-0 for the first time since 1987. Fun fact Terry Jones of the Edmonton Sun tweeted after the game, the Eskimos now have twice as many wins as the rest of the Western division combined.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Man, I wish the NFL would adopt a rule that gave offense's 3 downs to work with instead of 4.
    It would shake things up and make players and coaches more accountable.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Was at the Argos/Riders game last night. Both 1-6 teams so the loser owns the CFL cellar.

With seven minutes to go, Riders were down 24-4 and get two quickies. With a minute to go, they're first and ten on the Argos 30 and can't get into the endzone on first second or third downs. Some great pass coverage by the Argos Final score: 24-18

ER played on special teams: kick off and punt returns.

The Riders played in the last two Grey Cups and now they're the league's doormat. Tough losing receiver Andy Fantuz who's at the Bears training camp but I suspect he's so far down the depth chart in Chicago you'd have to look in Lake Michigan to find him.

Anyway, bye week for the Riders so ER will be around TO for a week.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I knew Terrell Owens had to be doing something. ;)

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I watched that game on NFL Network last nite, and Saskatchewan indeed made a mighty comeback.
    The three downs scenarios are an aspect of that league that has always interested me. College games don't need that sort of 'energy boost' as much, but it'd be a great thing to see implemented in the American pro game.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Riders just fired head coach Greg Marshall and the OC Doug Berry. VP of Football Ops Ken Miller, one of the league's elder statesmen in the league will assume head coaching positions. He took the Riders to two Grey Cups.

I texted ER (who didn't know) and when we talked, he said, "From what I hear playing for Miller is like playing for your grandfather. When he points out that you screwed up, it's like your grandpa just caught you swearing".

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Hey the Riders may soon be joined in the basement by the Eskimos if they keep playing this way. The last three weeks rivals anything they have spit out the last three years on the terrible scale.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Eskimos look WORSE than last year's.

Draft saved Draft deleted