1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 CFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Ha, it's sort of funny you would say that because I remember in the 80s having a "True Dough" poster in my room that an obviously conservative relation gave me for Christmas.

It had an ugly caricature of Trudeau and was shaped like a dollar bill only the tender was 80 cents to commemorate how weak our dollar was. Little did the poster creator know that eventually our dollar would hit 69 cents!

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I remember that one. :D

[​IMG]

You can't see it very clearly in this post, but that image is courtesy of Library and Archives Canada. This here is 80 cents worth of official historical value!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, let's not forget about the Diefenbuck

[​IMG]

Zaniest PM ever...well, maybe Mackenzie King who talked to his dead mother and consulted with his dog about policy decisions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Chet - if you go to a Friday night Tiger-Cat game in the summer, then you can hit Hess Street in Hamilton (10 minute drive, maybe). Hess Village has a pretty decent bar strip.

Draft saved Draft deleted