1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011 Academy Awards...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

This has disaster written all over it. Billy Crystal, start getting your emergency monolague ready now!

2. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I doubt it'll be a disaster. Whether it'll be good or not is an open question, but I suspect at worst they'll just be kind of boring. They actually seem like pretty 'safe' choices.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Jack Black, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly would be better.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hathaway is one of my favorites, in the looks department and as an actress, but I'd rather see any of the Late Night comics (except Leno) hosting.

5. AD

AD Active Member

this is awful.

i'm not sure why the oscar folk -- after seeing him act well, do incredible self-spoofing comedy, obviously sing and dance, and then put his dick in a box -- haven't figured out yet the answer to all their prayers:

justin timberlake.

i'm not a fan of his music, but face it. he's the perfect young oscar host.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great call... JT would be great.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Was he available?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hate Jack Black. But Ferrell would be great.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

It's awful because the vast majority of the country has no access to the nominated films. It was a little better in recent years due to leaked DVD screeners, but the studios are catching on and now virtually the only people who will be able to judge a film's worth are the voters and those few in major big city markets who saw the films. The rest of us get fed a steady diet of crap in our megaplexes.

10. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I bet he's been asked and has declined.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's interesting to see the list of Oscar hosts. Bob Hope hosted for years, and Johnny Carson had his run in the late 70s early 80s (begatting the late-night host as emcee trend), but for many years the show was hosted by two, three or four well-known actors with little "improv" background.
    I just hope they don't use SNL writers.

12. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I'd like to see the trio of Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel host, but maybe that's just the never-let-go of "Freaks and Geeks" side of me talking again.

Draft saved Draft deleted