1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2011-2012 NHL Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Is your name Tammy? :)

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

:)

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I knew I was setting myself up. Nice one, babes.

And the only reason you got me was Luch never asked. :D

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Tea time with HC.

5. derwood

derwood Active Member

Bye, bye Avery.

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Too much of this list plays into the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. Price ahead of Lundqvist and Luongo is a prime example of this. While this may become a reality in the not too distant future, he is not quite there yet. One great season does not make a legacy. Toews is not eight spots better than Kesler, frankly he should be fifteenth at best based on who is between those two but TSN has always vastly overrated Toews, evidently by the laughable third place finish last year. Malkin and Parise I can defend to an extent, especially Malkin. Both have missed ample amount of time and it appears people are buying into the hype they might not produce.

Backstrom, Keith, Thornton. Yep, pretty much screams "If you had a bad year, we're lowballing you."

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Anyone getting Center Ice this year? I'm ditching it for Gamecenter, since I can watch it on my TV using my Roku box.

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Avery will clear. I'd find it hard to believe that there would be any takers for him via trade or the waiver wire now. Christensen will be the 13th forward and Avery has no place on the Rangers anymore

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My perverse side would be for Burke to pick him up. Then Avery & Phaneuf can be in the same room.

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

The crush on Sid is disgusting. His team played very well without him, and they won a Cup when he wasn't doing jack in the Finals. He's elite but better than Ovechkin? Meh.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I would love to see that. Actually kind of surprised the Islanders didn't take a flyer on him. Thought they could use the headlines in NY and Avery would be sure to grab one or two this year, plus he gives them some grit that they do need. If he can keep his head on straight he's still a useful player. I don't think we've seen the last of him. I think he will reappear somewhere.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Nobody is taking him at that salary, unless it is a team that needs to get to the floor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.